The privacy of your Personal Data is important to us and we are committed to accord the information the due level of care in compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act of Singapore (the “Act”).
Personal Data refers to the personal data, as defined under the Act, obtained by us in the course of and as a result of the provision of any products and services by us to you. Such Personal Data collected, used and disclosed to us may include, but not limited to, your name, mailing address, telephone number(s), personal email address, NRIC number, your images taken by us and any other information which you may have provided in any form to us.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Personal Data may be collected from you in a number of ways, such as, but not limited to:
- when you visit us in our service centres, any of our premises, roadshows or events hosted by us; or
- when you ask us to provide a product or service over the telephone, social media or internet.
Our websites may also offer interactive facilities where personal data may also be collected, such as:
- booking of a service;
- customer enquiry;
- feedback forms;
- and contest entry forms; or
- from third parties such as our agents, partners, contractors and regulatory authorities.
PURPOSE FOR COLLECTION
Generally, we collect Personal Data from customers, prospective customers, suppliers etc. for purposes relating to the products and services we offer or require. These purposes include, but are not limited to:
- responding to your request or enquiries regarding vehicle servicing/repairs, vehicle parts and accessories, and any other services we offer;
- receiving feedback and dealing with complaints;
- processing orders and administering accounts;
- providing customer support, such as service maintenance reminders;
- obtaining and sending quotations from different insurance companies;
- communicating with you in relation to your vehicle ownership, to products and services we provide which are relevant to your existing relationship with us;
- offering you updated marketing and promotional packages you can benefit from, including products and services offered by our selected partners;
- product updates and upgrades;
- research and surveys;
- meeting regulatory and legal obligations;
We may for these purposes, contact you via mail (including electronic mail), telephone, SMS or other communication (text or image) applications for mobile devices, and facsimile.
In providing you with a product or service, we may sometimes need to disclose your Personal Data to others. It is generally not our policy to disclose your Personal Data to external organisations unless we have your consent and/or are required to disclose your Personal Data as required in the normal course and scope of our business in the provision of our services to you, and/or for contractual, legal and regulatory requirements. Some examples of the types of external organisations we may need to disclose information to in the course of providing a product or service are:
- appointed call centres
- insurers and appointed surveyors
- appointed towing partners
Those external organisations are not authorised by us to use your Personal Data for anything other than the purpose(s) for which we supplied that information to them.
Unless otherwise required or permitted by law, we will only disclose your Personal Data with your consent (implied or expressed), and we will also take reasonable steps to ensure the external organisation to whom we have disclosed your information are also legally bound to protect the privacy of your Personal Data.
From time to time, we may contact you via mail, electronic-mail, telephone (call or SMS-Text) or facsimile, to inform about our products and services, or about special offers and promotions that we think may be of interest to you. You can let us know at any time if you no longer wish to receive marketing material (by contacting us at the details below) and we will remove your details from our direct marketing database.
We will not disclose your Personal Data to external organisations outside CDGE and its related companies for the purposes of allowing them to directly market their products and services unless expressly authorised by you.
WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT
Should you wish to withdraw your consent for us to send you sales and marketing information via a specific mode or all modes of communications (e.g., mail, email, telephone calls, SMS-Text), please notify us in writing to our Data Protection Officer (“DPO”). We may require up to 2 weeks, upon receipt of your request, for your request to take effect.
ENSURING PERSONAL DATA IS UP-TO-DATE
We rely on the Personal Data we hold in conducting our business. Therefore, it is very important that the Personal Data we hold is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
We will do our best to ensure that the Personal Data we hold is accurate, complete and up-to-date whenever we collect or use it. This means that from time to time, we may ask you to update us if there is any change to your Personal Data. If you find that the Personal Data we hold about you is incorrect, please contact us immediately in writing to our DPO and we will update it.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL DATA
Security of Personal Data is very important to us and we take all reasonable precautions and care to protect your Personal Data from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Some of the ways we protect Personal Data include:
- external and internal premises security;
- restricting access to Personal Data only to staff who need it to perform their day to day functions;
- maintaining technology products to prevent unauthorised computer access or damage to electronically stored information, such as requiring identifiers and passwords, firewalls and anti-virus software; and
- maintaining physical security over paper records.
We will retain your Personal Data for a reasonable period for the purposes as cited herein or as required by law.
COOKIES: PRIVACY AND OUR WEBSITES
When visiting our sites, you will not be required to provide us with any Personal Data unless you request information about our product or service, respond to a contest or promotion and/or provide a feedback. In which case, we will ask you to provide contact details along with other information required to respond to your request or allow you to enter the contest or promotion.
The Personal Data and information provided may also be retained for product planning purposes, and we may use your Personal Data to contact you for direct marketing purposes where your consent was given.
If you believe that the privacy of your Personal Data has been compromised, please contact us immediately and we will take the relevant steps to address your concerns.
RIGHT TO AMEND OUR ONLINE PRIVACY STATEMENT
CONTACTING OUR DATA PROTECTION OFFICER