This course is designed to equip participants with fundamental understanding on the High Voltage systems and components of an Electric Vehicle (EV). It qualifies participants to work independently and safely on vehicles with HV systems.
Why Choose Us
- At the end of this course, participants with knowledge of automotive technology will be able to:
- understand the fundamentals of EV charging principles and battery management system
- understand the fundamentals of EV charging designs and operation principles
- perform maintenance work independently and safely on EV vehicles
- recognise possible dangers of handling EVs and to put into practice all necessary protective measures.
- Automotive technicians, customer service advisors, workshop managers and engineers from the automotive engineering industry, as well as personnel and enthusiasts from vehicle sales, insurance, surveyor and inspection companies.
- Applicants should preferably have Nitec or equivalent in Automotive or Electrical Technology with 2 years related working experience; or a Diploma with 1-year related working experience.
Students who attained at least 75% attendance and successfully completed the required assessments will be awarded Statements of Attainment from SkillsFuture Singapore, National EV Specialist Safety (NESS) Certification and TUV SUD’s Qualified Technician in High Voltage Systems in Motor Vehicles.
Module 1 – Electric Vehicle Battery Management
- Introduction to EV and types of high voltage battery
- Battery maintenance
- Battery movement and storage
Module 2 – Electric Vehicle Charging Mechanism
- EV charging standards
- EV charging modes
- EV charging types, voltage and speed
- Perform charging safely
Module 3 – Electric Vehicle Diagnostics & Maintenance
- High voltage components
- Driving mechanisms of EV
- EV vs Hybrid EV
- Perform maintenance works on EV
Module 4 – Electric Vehicle Safety Management & Awareness
- Basic electrical knowledge
- Potential hazards associated with EVs
- High voltage work safety
- Risk assessment in the event of electrical incidents
The funding period for this course is from 25 Oct 2022 to 24 Oct 2024.
|Full Course Fee||S$2,407.50|
Singapore Citizens (SC) below the age of 40 years after 50% funding.
Singapore Citizens (SC) aged 40 and above after 70% funding.
Singapore Permanent Residents (PR) after 50% funding.
Enhanced Training Support for SME Scheme (for SC & SPR)
*As per SSG’s policy, the GST payable is calculated based on 7% after the baseline funding subsidy of 7%.
*Course fee is payable upon acceptance. It is inclusive of 7% GST and subject to review.
All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can use their $500 SkillsFuture Credit from the government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. Visit the SkillsFuture Credit website to choose from the courses available on the Training Exchange course directory.
ComfortDelGro Academy reserves the right to reschedule/cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
Run 1: 8 Nov – 15 Dec 2022 (every Thu) – Fully Subscribed
Upcoming Run: 22, 29 Nov, 6, 13, 20, 27 Dec’22 & 3 Jan’23 (every Tue)
Course Duration: 7 days, 56 Hours
Time: 8.30am – 5.30pm
Delivery Mode: Face To Face
National EV Specialist Safety (NESS) Certification Course
Course Duration: 7 Days, 56 Hours Course Dates: 3, 10, 17, 24 Nov, 1, 8 & 15th Dec 2022 (Every Thursday) Time: 8.30am to 5.30pm (Fully Subscribed)
- WSG Funded
Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a fantastic review! We’re happy to hear that you had a great experience with us. Your satisfaction is our priority. We will continue to do our best for you!
I'm an existing customer of SPARK - they are dependable, responsive (love their WhatsApp helpline, they even reply at 10pm!), reasonably priced and helpful. Special thanks to Jeremiah Goh and Ryan Kan @ Braddell, who helped me remove very stubborn stains on my windscreen in record time, very client focused bunch.
Went there for my car servicing. Make appointment online and went there on time. They take over my car. 10min later the mechanic come over to advise me on what my car need to service and the package available for me. So I took the package as they advise. After all thing is done take over my car and found my car is very responsive and noise level of the engine go down. Well done to the team and they did a very good job.
Chew Chun Giap
First class customer service from Cray Tan at Pandan branch. Well done to staff changing the Pirelli tyres. Good Job
Frequently Asked Questions
To enroll, click here and fill out the form accordingly.
Training delivery include classroom, practical and assessment components.
Date of Receipt of Written Notice
Refund of Fee
2 weeks or more before course commencement
Less than 2 weeks before course commencement
On or after course commencement
You will receive two certificates upon completion of the course:
- WSQ National EV Specialist Safety Certificate issued by the Land Transport Authority
- Certificate of Qualified Technician in High Voltage Systems in Motor Vehicles issued by TUV SUD
Course completion is subject to the trainee achieving 75% attendance and passing all prescribed assessments and attaining 100% competency.